We hope you’ve gotten adjusted to class and had a great time back! February is a month full of love, and we want to show our love for you with all the events we’ll be hosting this month. From celebrating national holidays to DIY Valentine’s Day crafts, we’ve got all the bases covered!
If you’re looking to get more fit for your New Year’s resolution, make sure to stop by our 24-hour fitness center in the clubhouse. We have a variety of training machines and weights for you to utilize and keep your resolution going. Don’t forget: We also have the tennis courts and basketball courts available!
As always, if you have any questions or concerns regarding your stay here at The Bower, please call the front office at (252) 321-7613.
- If you haven’t set up your resident portal account, please visit https://livethebower.com/residents. There, you will be able to log in to your portal to pay rent, check balances, and submit work orders anytime!
- Have you ever found it hard to talk to your roommate about issues in your apartment? Our Resident Director Cheyanne Rollings is always open to help in any situation.
- Cold weather tips:
- Leave your heat set to a minimum of 65 degrees (this prevents pipes from freezing).
- Leave your sink cabinets open.
- Allow a small drip from all faucets.
- Stock up on food/water in case of extreme weather conditions.
Reminders & Updates
- Rent is due the 1st of every month, and late fees will be applied on the 6th.
- If you have a maintenance emergency or are locked out of your apartment after hours, please contact the on-call Community Assistant at (252) 321-7613.
- Keep in mind that if you have an emergency work order, you MUST call it in instead of submitting online. Water intrusions, power outages, and HVAC systems are examples of emergencies.
Focus on Career Success
Whether you are a sophomore looking at internships or a senior getting ready for that first job after graduation, the spring semester brings added pressure as you seek to set yourself apart and set yourself up for success.
Here are five tips to keep you moving forward on a career success track:
Tip #1: The key to getting hired is selling yourself better than the other candidates. What’s your pitch? Practice concise ways to share your value and what you are looking for.
Tip #2: Your resume’s only job is to get your foot in the door! Have it critiqued at the career center.
Tip #3: Google yourself: What does your online presence tell future employers? Are you focusing on your online brand? Your potential employer is! Work on shaping your presence online and off.
Tip #4: Come up with EVERY reason an employer might not hire you – and an answer for each objection. For example, “What I lack in relevant experience, I make up for with my drive and proven ability to learn new things quickly.”
Tip #5: Learn from the best! Find people doing what you want to do and doing it well – and ask them for guidance. It’ll be well worth your time and perhaps a few cups of coffee to do informational interviews with others on their success stories.
These tips are obviously just the tip of the iceberg. Watch out for career success experiences here at your community. Whether you want feedback on your pitch or need someone to critique your resume, let us know how we can help you and connect you with resources to assist in your success!
Speaking of career success, did you know that as a resident of a Campus Advantage property you have FREE access to our exclusive Career Success Portal? Browse millions of jobs, including over 500,000 unique job postings, build your resume, practice your interviewing skills, and much more. To access the Career Success Portal, visit your resident portal and look for the sign-up link!
Have a tight budget but still need a gift for a loved one? Stop by the front office to make your Valentine’s Day gift. Also, celebrate a variety of national holidays with us — including some we’ve never heard of!
- National Bubble Gum Day — February 2
- NBA 2K Tournament — February 8
- National Pizza Day — February 9
- National Peppermint Patty Day — February 11
- Valentine’s Day Crafts — February 13
- National Love Your Pet Day — February 20
- Vision Collage Letter — February 26