Welcome back! We hope you enjoyed the holiday season with your friends and family. From breakfast on the go to a back-to-class bash, we’ll be hosting a variety of events to kick the semester off right. Also, don’t forget to renew your lease! We’re filling up fast for 2018–2019. Make sure to reserve your spot before it’s too late!
- If you haven’t set up your resident portal account, please visit https://livethebower.com/residents. There, you will be able to log in to your portal to pay rent, check balances, and submit work orders anytime!
- Have you ever found it hard to talk to your roommate about issues in your apartment? Our Resident Director Cheyanne Rollings is always open to help in any situation.
- Cold weather tips:
- Leave your heat set to a minimum of 65 degrees (this prevents pipes from freezing).
- Leave your sink cabinets open.
- Allow a small drip from all faucets.
- Stock up on food/water in case of extreme weather conditions.
Reminders & Updates
- Rent is due the 1st of every month, and late fees will be applied on the 6th.
- If you have a maintenance emergency or are locked out of your apartment after hours, please contact the on-call Community Assistant at (252) 321-7613.
- Keep in mind that if you have an emergency work order, you MUST call it in instead of submitting online. Water intrusions, power outages, and HVAC systems are examples of emergencies.
- We’re currently hiring for our Community Assistant position. If you’re interested, please email a copy of your class schedule and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Written by Megan McCollum
You’ve conquered your final exams, spent time with family, and brought in the new year with friends. But now what? How do you ensure that you’ll be at the top of your game with a new course load when you’re so used to relaxing at home?
Here’s a hint: Start now. Buy your books, find your classrooms, spend some time cleaning your room and clearing your desk.
As the fall semester probably taught you, college flies by. There’s no time to slowly ease back into it — take a deep breath, prepare your mind, and dive in. Don’t just take it day by day; create a study schedule, make some friends and form a study group, and talk to your advisor and get to know them.
There are thousands of resources at your fingertips just waiting to be used. For example, places to study. Trying to focus in your bedroom with your roommates around and electronics everywhere is hard, so take advantage of your property’s clubhouses and study rooms, as well as places on campus.
Once you’ve found your perfect study place, it’s time to use the resources available to you. College students today rely on technology for almost everything, from textbooks to full online courses and online study materials. There are even some apps that can be used to help you study, such as iTunes U and Brainscape. If you aren’t using your cell phone to study, turn it off — social media will be there when you’re done, but your professor won’t wait around for you to learn.
If you find yourself procrastinating, take a deep breath, and ask yourself why this assignment is important. Don’t ask why you don’t want to do it; ask yourself what you will benefit from it. Ask yourself what you can learn, and why it’s meaningful.
Reward yourself with something you can truly withhold from yourself if you don’t complete the task. Offering yourself candy or saying you won’t go to that show if you don’t write your paper isn’t meaningful enough to motivate you. Find something you truly want, and when you reward yourself, notice how it feels.
Don’t settle for less. Don’t wait for things to just work out. Start now.
Begin the spring semester right by attending some of our events! We want to help your semester start off with ease. Check out the events we’ll be hosting this month. Also, don’t forget to follow us on social media to stay up to date with events and other announcements throughout the property.
Breakfast on the Go — January 8
Breakfast on the Go — January 12
Back-to-Class Bash — January 15
Pie Day — January 23
Grocery Bingo — January 25
Taco Tuesday — January 30